Saturday, February 14, 2015

Malta Souvenirs

The pile of items as I unpacked them.




One of the few items I bought - a little book of gardening questions - short and to the point information in a very readable format.



I wonder will you ever guess what these little items are?
Well, they are soap samples, given to us on various occasions as we went past the shop that was selling them - very strong perfume, but supposed to work wonders as they contain manuka honey.

My white sunhat - but I only got to wear it two out of the seven days we were there.
The grey weather didn't prevent us from covering a lot of ground.




You could call this my belt and braces - one copy of important items was in the case in the hotel, the other copy on my work-desk at home - just in case ....



Maps showing the islands (left) and Valletta right.
Note the absence of the symbol pointing north in the Valetta map.




This is all we spent on transport for the week - and I just realize that my next lift journey is covered - though since going down was free, this wouldn't be so helpful.




These seeds are the last purchase we made, I think ....



But maybe it was the flag which I got from a street-seller.





This is a selection of items we got at the various places we visited.







And these are the receipts for our spending.



Though this leaflet was interesting, both of us agreed that it wasn't the kind of place to bring a person with mobility issues.





We shared a bottle of water on the plane, and as you see we didn't even finish it - fully away that 'water in = water out'.


My toiletries, properly packed in their plastic bag, and in their 'less than 100g containers - no trouble with customs, not like the trip my husband and I made to London in November!



This is a parking chit that wasn't accepted in the machine in Dublin airport but the help people were really helpful, and soon sorted the difficulty.




Finally, this is the list of what I spent - a perfect account kept by my dear sister who is aware of just how capable I am of mixing up what should be crystal clear.


ENDNOTE - would I go back - absolutely, though I might pay extra to go later to get better weather. We only saw a fraction of what was there, so maybe some day .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment